I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Friday, November 13, 2009

DIY: Photobooth

I have been in love with the idea of having a photobooth at our wedding since I first heard of the idea. However, the logistics of renting a photobooth like the ones they have in malls and transporting it to our cottage venue would be too complicated. Plus, the cost would be astronomical. So I'm glad I have a few alternatives. My all-time favorite idea so far is to set up a cloth backdrop and have guests take photos in front of it. Like this one:

But to make it even better, I'm going to make a hand-held chalkboard in a frame so they can write messages on it. More like this one:


The benefit of having messages written on them (other than the fact that it's adorable, of course) is that we're going to put these photos in our guest book.

I love this idea simply because it's so adorable, meaningful and easy to do myself. I like the idea of using an old family quilt for the backdrop and the chalkboard can be made from stuff at the hardware store. Although, if I really wanted to give myself a challenge, I could always attempt something like this (which is pretty amazing):


What better way for guests to spend their time in between the ceremony and reception while we're having photos taken? And something even more hilarious to look back on, would be a video like this (they have props and everything!):

Keira & Dan's Hello Guest Book from Hello Super 8 on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please avoid comments that contain personal attacks, snarkiness, spam, or any other not-so-nice qualities.